If you are looking for sciatica surgery, then you need to know when exactly it is time to get this type of surgery. Sciatica surgery is a type of surgery that needs to be done if you have sciatic pain that is chronic for long periods of time. Sciatica is actually a series of pain that is associated with the sciatic nerve. It is a condition that causes a lot of nerve pain and can cause chronic pain over time. It is something that needs to be treated accordingly and may go away with conservative sciatica treatment methods. If it doesn’t go away with these types of treatment options, then you may need to consider getting sciatica surgery for your pain.
Listed here are several ways to know when it is time to meet with a neurosurgeon in order to consider sciatica surgery:
- You have had chronic pain for a while. If you have been experiencing large amounts of chronic pain for a long period of time, then you will want to consider getting sciatic treatments, such as surgery for your pain. You will want to meet with your neurosurgeon to discuss this option after all other options are exhausted. This is a good way to determine what is best for your particular case and condition.
- You have a bladder or bowel dysfunction from your sciatic pain. If you have a bladder dysfunction or a bowel dysfunction that is associated with your sciatic pain, then you will need to consider getting sciatic surgery. This is rare but if it is occurring, then your neurosurgeon will likely recommend that you have surgery in order to treat the problem.
- You have spinal stenosis. If you have spinal stenosis, then your neurosurgeon will try other methods for treatment first and foremost but may result in surgical treatment options.
- You are experiencing neurological dysfunctions. If you have other neurological dysfunctions that are occurring as a result from your sciatica, then you will need to have the problem taken care of right away. This can include severe leg weakness as a symptom of your sciatic pain as well as others.
- Non-surgical treatments aren’t effective.
As you can see, there are several signs or symptoms that can lead you into the office of a neurosurgeon in order to get sciatica surgery. If you are considering sciatica surgery for your sciatic pain, then you will want to meet with the right neurosurgeon who can go over your options. They will go over any and all non surgical options first and foremost in order to ensure that you get the right options for your sciatic pain before going into surgery. In fact, sciatica surgery isn’t necessary in most cases that are associated with sciatic pain.
If you want to learn more about your options with sciatic pain and how to treat it, then you will want to reach out to the experts over at Boulder Neurosurgical and Spine Associates. They are the leading experts in neurosurgical care, including sciatic pain treatments.