If you are looking to remodel, refresh or redesign your home, you most likely know that one of the easiest ways to do this is by changing up your décor. Whereas completely gutting a room and putting in new appliances and flooring can be expensive and time consuming, focusing on smaller changes can be just as impactful, but easier, allowing you to enjoy your new space faster and for less money. In addition, you may be able to update your space more often, perhaps seasonally or if you are interested in trying a new trend. As the seasons change, you may also want to play with different kinds of shades or window treatments to help maximize or minimize light depending on your preference. Here are some of the ways you might want to update your space:
- Bring color to the space with pillows- Pillows are an easy and relatively inexpensive way to add a little charm, comfort and color to a room. If you are redoing a living room or bedroom, pillows can make the space feel cozy or add a pop of color to complement the existing color scheme or perhaps give it a new vibe all together.
- Shuffle your art- Placing art in a new location can go a long way in helping give the room an entirely new look and feel. If you do not have the money to buy a bunch of new art, you can make do with what you have, or even frame photos you take yourself. You can also do some of your own abstract art as well. If you have quite a few pieces, you may want to try a gallery wall on one wall of the room to make a focal point.
- Add decorative blinds- By adding decorative blinds, you can control the amount of light that comes into the room, which can be a great asset as far as setting the mood and giving the space a general feel. With selection from places like Blinds N Shades, you are sure to find something that gives your space an extra bit of elegance and ties the room together.
- Fill the space with greenery- Adding plants to a room can not only improve the air quality of the space, but can boost mood as well. Bringing a little bit of the outside indoors can help make the transition near big windows feel seamless and a room feel larger. If you do not feel like you are able to commit to taking care of plants, there are a lot of lovely fake plant options that will give a similar look, sans the air quality improvement.
- Put a rug down- Rugs of all types, from area rugs to small mats to runners can help make a space feel more composed by tying together some of the other colors in the room. Rug can also be a great way to cover unsightly carpeting or to warm up cold hardwood or tile floors.
There are many ways to update your space that don’t have to break the bank. By following one or more of these tips, you can transform any room in your home.