If you think that you need a new roof, then you need to consider the many signs that your roof is at the end of its life. Roofing systems are designed to last a long time but you must also consider that roofing systems will not last forever! There are many different lifespans of a roofing installation system and a lot of the variables are out of your control. For example, if you are facing severe weather patterns over long periods of time then your roof will likely become damaged over time and sooner than it would have if the weather had been clear.
There are many signs that can help you determine if you need a roof replacement or not. If you are considering getting a new roofing system in the first place, then you will want to consider getting it examined by a roofing professional as soon as possible. Listed here are several of the many ways that you can use in order to determine whether or not you need a roofing replacement:
- If your roof is at least 25 years old! When your roof hits its 25th birthday, then it is time to have it inspected. With age comes normal wear and tear and you will want to consider getting your roof inspected at this age. When you have it inspected then you can find out just about how many more years it has left. Most roofs will last anywhere from 20-30 years.
- If you are missing shingles. If you climb onto your roof and give it a once over then you will be able to detect whether or not you have missing shingles or if you need to have anything replaced. If you have missing shingles, then this is a sign that your roof is nearing the end of the road. Missing shingles need to be replaced and over time, it will be harder and harder to match the colors. Eventually it will be time to get a new roof.
- You have cracked shingles. Likewise, if you have cracked shingles then you need to have your roof inspected. These show that your roof may have suffered from wind damage and may not recover properly. Cracked shingles typically show you that you will need to have the roof replaced in the next three to five years.
- You have a leak! If you have a leak, then you will need to have your roof inspected. While a leaky roof doesn’t mean that you always have to have it replaced, it does show you that there is a bigger issue at hand.
- You have shingle pieces or granules appearing in your gutter. If you have any granules in your gutter, then your roof is likely at least halfway to its demise. While this certainly doesn’t mean that you have to run out and buy a new roof, it does mean that you will need to watch it more closely.
As you can see, there are many different reasons that may cause you to call in a roofer. If you want to go with the best, then you will want to call in the experts over at Kraftwork Design.