The majority of homes in the US have a garage. Thus, it would follow that most homes also have a garage door. However, before a homeowner can open and lower that garage door with the press of a button, an overhead garage door installation company has to actually install the door. You might be surprised to learn that there are dozens of companies in every American city that specialize in garage door installation. These companies understand how to secure the garage door to the garage, how to install the electrical wiring that will enable the homeowner to open and close it at their will, and how to secure the necessary brackets and pulleys to the walls of the garage so that the door opens smoothly every time. If a homeowner wants to have a garage door that looks great, is functional, and stands the test of time, then they need to make sure they find the right company to install it. The functionality and aesthetic of a garage door all hinges (get it?) on hiring the right company to handle the installation. To help you find such a company, here’s a list of the five things your overhead garage door installation company should offer.
1. A Variety of Door Options. The first thing your overhead garage door installation company should offer is a variety of garage door options. They should have wood garage doors, metal garage doors, painted garage doors, and even aluminum garage doors for you to choose from. The more options they have, the more likely it is that they’ll offer a garage door that you’ll like.
2. Expertise in Electrical. This might seem obvious, but they should bring electrical expertise to the job. They should understand exactly how to wire your garage door so that you don’t run into issues down the road.
3. A Warranty. The garage door installation company you hire should also offer a warranty on their products. Companies that offer a warranty are confident in the quality of their products, and that’s exactly what you want to be looking for when you’re hiring an overhead garage door installation company.
4. Repair Services. Inevitably, there will come a time when your garage door stops working properly. In most instances, the issue can be resolved quickly by simply realigning the laser that runs along the floor or by replacing a couple of wires in the motor. Thus, it’s smart to work with companies that also offer repair services because you’ll know who to call when you have an issue with your garage doors. It’s nice when the company that installed the doors in the first place can repair them because they’ll have a good understanding of how the garage door was set up and what the issue might be that’s causing it to not work properly.
5. Experience. The final thing your overhead garage door installation company should offer is experience in their field. You want to work with a company like Christie Overhead Door that’s been working in the garage door installation company for years because their experience will help to ensure that the job is done right the first time.