- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger by Daft Punk- Not only are the lyrics of this song inspiring for a mid workout boost, but the repetitive nature of the song lends itself well to the repetition of sets during a workout. In addition, the bouncy, electronic beat will have you bobbing your head and enjoying your workout.
- Eye of the Tiger by Survivor- A classic motivational song, Eye of the Tiger will make you smile and help you push through those last few reps. The familiar sound of this song immediately conjures images of training and conquering fitness goals, perfect to help you through a workout. From solo workouts to group fitness classes, this song is the perfect workout anthem.
- Till I Collapse by Eminem and Nate Dogg- Though this song does have a bit of explicit language, it is backed with a militant, marching beat and sound effects that can really put you in the zone of finishing your workout. Imagine you are a cadet in the military and that you are working to impress a drill sergeant with your perfect form. This song will put you in the perfect mindset.
- Last Resort by Papa Roach- Also peppered with a bit of explicit language, this rock anthem has long been considered a staple in strength training playlists. From its powerful vocals to its interesting guitar, this song will keep you engaged and focused, especially near the end of your workout. Many have said that putting this song near the end of their playlist will help them to finish strong.
- My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark by Fall Out Boy- A great song to use near the end of a playlist as well, this song can also serve as an energetic stretch or cool down. The big drum beats will keep you in a rhythm perfect for strength training and will boost your mood.
There are of course a limitless amount of songs that can be added to a gym playlist and what you respond to will be based on your own needs and preferences, however, the above songs can get you started down the path of creating a playlist for your most successful workouts ever.